For further reading, see:
- Breaking Isolation: Self Care and Community Care Tools for Our People – This article by the Audre Lorde Project provides a template for organisational wellness planning.
- A Zine For Collective Care: Chinese and Southeast Asian Creative Responses to Covid-19 – This zine is available to read for free and compiles artwork and writing produced by Chinese and Southeast Asian creatives, made during collective care workshops organised in response to COVID-19.
- Love as the Practice of Freedom – This essay by theorist and activist bell hooks describes the concept of a “love ethic”, which can also be understood as a care ethic in the context of this explainer.
Read a conversation with the creative team behind the comic on how they came up with it.
Explore related comics on New Naratif:
- Minxi and Namsai on Crafting a Comic About Care
- Gently, You March On
- Artists Respond: Hindsight is 2020
- Enough: Reflections on the Women’s March
- We Have Always Been Here / Kami Senantiasa Ada di Sini