New Naratif is a movement for democracy, freedom of information, and freedom of expression in Southeast Asia. We publish information, empower people to create change, and advocate for progressive values in Southeast Asia. Learn more about us here.
We invite people who share our values of mutual respect and engagement to join our community and further our movement. We are seeking warm, empathetic people who can communicate and collaborate well, and work flexible hours.
Interested parties should email PJ Thum (Managing Director) with a CV and relevant documents at pingtjin.thum AT newnaratif.com.
As a movement for democracy, freedom of expression, and freedom of information, we require someone to help us manage our grantmaking and fundraising.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Find and Identify appropriate grants and other fundraising opportunities, and familiarise yourself with their requirements;
- Draft applications for grants and other funding opportunities;
- Fulfil the regulatory and reporting requirements for grants awarded;
- Report weekly to the Managing Director;
- Meet and liaise with potential donors as necessary.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications, Abilities
- Commitment to the progressive values that New Naratif stands for and promotes.
- Knowledge of funding sources, particularly for independent journalism and democracy promotion.
- Experience with writing and successfully applying to grant-making bodies, and familiarity with the grant-making process.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, and (optional) Bahasa Melayu/Malaysia or Bahasa Indonesia.
- Excellent collaborator with demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to manage many different projects at once, from assignment to delivery.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Applicant must be comfortable with working and collaborating remotely and online.
Applicant should have a minimum of three years of experience in writing successful grant proposals. Position reports to Managing Director and is 20 hours/week.