New Naratif is a movement for democracy, freedom of information, and freedom of expression in Southeast Asia. We publish information, empower people to create change, and advocate for progressive values in Southeast Asia. Learn more about us here.
We invite people who share our values of mutual respect and engagement to join our community and further our movement. We are seeking warm, empathetic people who can communicate and collaborate well, and work flexible hours.
Interested parties should email PJ Thum (Managing Director) with a CV and relevant documents at pingtjin.thum AT newnaratif.com.
As a movement for democracy, freedom of expression, and freedom of information, we require someone to manage our membership and audience growth, in line with New Naratif’s goals and values.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and test strategies to find innovative ways to significantly grow membership revenue.
- Develop, test, and execute new member acquisition campaigns through a multichannel approach including web, email, mobile, social media, and podcasts. Create fundraising strategies to convert listeners/readers who have never donated by: identifying the listener/reader, engaging them, and ultimately converting them from listener/reader to member.
- Create holistic, goal-oriented fundraising strategies based on audience research, message development, and data.
- Manage New Naratif’s membership and prospect lists, finding the best ways to convert prospects to members.
- Collaborate with colleagues to write, produce, edit, and schedule all digital engagement and fundraising asks.
- Develop testing plans and test elements across different stages of the conversion funnel to improve key metrics including click-thru rates, landing page conversions, and average membership subscription/donation value.
- Produce, deploy, and QA all emails and landing pages for New Naratif.
- Ensure that digital fundraising opportunities are being maximized when new campaigns and content projects are conceived.
- Monitor the latest trends in digital fundraising and propose adoption of new strategies and tools.
- Work with Finance team to produce a monthly report on member acquisition and performance.
- Use digital analytics and best practices in web development to evaluate and improve the organisation websites, including fundraising functionality.
- Administrative tasks as needed.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications, Abilities
- Commitment to the progressive values that New Naratif stands for and promotes.
- Creative, innovative leader with years of digital experience that includes work on digital revenue-generating projects, and customer acquisition efforts.
- Familiarity with the Southeast Asian market, in particular Malaysia and Indonesia.
- Experience with generating revenue via digital sources.
- Experience with customer database or CRM.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, and Bahasa Melayu/Malaysia (preferred) or Bahasa Indonesia.
- Excellent collaborator with demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
- Direct experience with, or deep interest in, crowdfunding, and digital fundraising.
- Experience with online paid advertising across websites and social media.
- Ability to manage many different projects at once, from assignment to delivery.
- Flexibility to pioneer new approaches and pivot when needed.
- Familiarity with MailChimp, Woocommerce, and WordPress.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Work well with a variety of departments and stakeholders.
- Applicant must be comfortable with working and collaborating remotely and online (New Naratif does not have a physical office but we do meet in person periodically).
Position reports to Managing Director and is 40 hours/week.