Ais Nurbiyah Al-Jum’ah (2018). Resistensi Bissu Terhadap Pembantaian DI/TII Di Sulawesi Selatan Periode 1950‒1965 Dalam Dua Cerpen Faisal Oddang. In Prosiding Seminar Sejarah Sastra: Memutakhirkan Kajian dan Penulisan Sejarah Sastra. Universitas Indonesia, Depok. Available at https://susastra.fib.ui.ac.id/wp-content/uploads/81/2019/02/03.pdf
 Bornstein, K., & Drucker, Z. (2017). Gender Is a Playground. Aperture, (229), 24-31. Available at https://aperture.org/editorial/gender-playground/
 Eli, A. (2020). The New Queer Conscience. Penguin Workshop.
This comic is part of the project “Being Nonbinary in Indonesia – An Advocacy Project Through Comics” led by Erik Nadir as part of the APTN Amplifying Trans Advocacy Fellowship 2020.
The author of this comic would like to acknowledge the following trans and non-binary individuals who work tirelessly to create a more inclusive space for trans and/or non-binary people in Indonesia:
- Bonni Rambatan and Reymigius are a non-binary artist and writer who created “We Have Always Been Here”, an explainer comic for New Naratif.
- Mario Pratama is a trans activist who creates gender-affirming prosthetics for transmasculine and non-binary people through his small shop, Pride Store Indonesia.
- Kanzha Vinaa works on alternative education and capacity building for young trans women through Sanggar Swara.
- Athallah Rafardhanu, Ardhana Rishvara, Alexander Danardanu and Raham Abyasa founded Transmen Talk Indonesia, a safe space for young trans men to talk about pressing issues in the trans men community and for allies to learn more about trans men.
- Marian Kevin and Ardhana Rishvara run Pride Care Indonesia, an organisation that provides information and aspires to provide medical transition aid to transmasculine people in Indonesia.
- Amar Alfikar is a queer theologian who studies inclusive theology for the LGBTQIA+ community. Listen to his podcast “Ngaji Diri” here.
- Rully Mallay is the coordinator of Waria Crisis Center. WCC is currently fundraising to help transgender women and other minorities in Indonesia who are subject to self-isolation during the COVID-19 pandemic. Contact Rully here to donate.
- If you are Indonesian and identify as non-binary, you can email Erik Nadir at firstname.lastname@example.org to join the Non-binary Peer Support Indonesia group.
Explore related comics:
- One Day Out / Satu Hari Tanpa Sembunyi
- We Have Always Been Here / Kami Senantiasa Ada di Sini
- Growing Pains
- Toleration, or Living With Disagreement and Difference