New Naratif is a movement for democracy, freedom of information, and freedom of expression in Southeast Asia. We publish information, empower people to create change, and advocate for progressive values in Southeast Asia. Learn more about us here.
We invite people who share our values of mutual respect and engagement to join our community and further our movement. We are seeking warm, empathetic people who can communicate and collaborate well, and work flexible hours.
In New Naratif, the Social Media Manager is an important role that serves as the end point of our core activities (media and advocacy). The Social Media Manager publishes New Naratif’s work to social media channels and makes it accessible to the public, and as such is in charge of presenting the New Naratif brand to our audience in a professional and timely manner. In this job, you will be the eyes and ears of New Naratif’s growing social media presence!
- Great language skills: able to write copy in English without too much supervision. Preferably should speak at least one other Southeast Asian language (Bahasa Indonesia, Bahasa Melayu/Malaysia preferred).
- Able to do intensive reading on articles, political events and trends in Southeast Asia to facilitate appropriate signal boosting of news/solidarity statements.
- Keeps up to date with what comparable media and advocacy organisations are doing for social media.
- Social media savvy; familiar with the use of Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, and LinkedIn for business.
- Understand that the work is time-sensitive and reliability and punctuality are highly important. (Ex-publishing or ex-digital agency preferred)
- Strong proactive personality, comfortable with remote work, and able to be independent.
- Collaborate with the Editorial and Marketing team to create effective publications and execute plans for social media.
- Test effective publishing protocols, evaluate, and improve the process.
- Create and document weekly content copy and is in charge of social media publishing.
- Reply and maintain inquiries gathered from social media audiences.
- Collaborate with the Marketing team to create social media advertising strategy, and execute paid social media advertising to boost posts.
- Analyze simple social media statistics, create monthly reports, and come up with suggestions based on gathered data.
Position is paid and can be part-time or full time. Position reports to the Marketing and Outreach Manager. Interested parties should email PJ Thum (Managing Director) with a CV and relevant documents at pingtjin.thum AT newnaratif.com.